Update on Nelson Fires

As you are all aware Nelson and Tasman is still under a State of Emergency so what does this mean for us at Nelson Speedway for this weekend’s NZ TQ Grand Prix Meeting.

The information we have so far is as follow:

This information is to keep you all posted on the developments so far and also to give our North Island Competitors here for this weekend all the information so as they can make an informed decision of their attendance.

We are awaiting confirmation from Tasman District Council and Civil Defence Authorities as to whether we can run this Meeting without causing any further issues with regard to total fire bans and any activities that may cause fire in our wider area.

We are also in the process of making sure that our Volunteers we need to run this meeting are available as many may have been closely affected by this Fire.

We have confirmation that we will have 3-4 Fire Crew available, and are just now waiting for a response from St Johns to confirm their availability.

Nelson Speedway Committee are working closely with authorities and will update any changes as they occur, but please keep in mind we have no control over this situation and if the Fire impacts our Community further during this week we will make a call as to whether we can safely run this meeting or not. In the event this meeting is postponed an alternative date to run this event will be notified.

Please be assured we are doing everything in our power to run this event but the safety of our Competitors, Volunteers and our wider community are our first concern.

All updates will be posted on our Facebook pages and web page so keep checking in.

Nelson Speedway Association Inc Committee.

Main image: NZDF